Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reflections

I caught this photo of David this afternoon. He was looking out into the back yard and watching our dogs play. He was also reflecting on the past year. This scene brought tears to my eyes. I began to wonder what he must be thinking about and feeling. My life here will continue as per usual, work, photo shoots hanging with friends and family, but for David... well everything is going to be different. He will be in a different place, time zone, food, structure...

We found out last december that he was on the infamous "List." In March we found out that he was going to be getting official orders to Kuwait. David and I definitely made the most of this past year. We went to the beach a few times, the mountians, and we even went out to St. Louis to see my Cousin Kim and her family. We saw lots of movies, had alot of parties at the cloer cul-da-sac, great dinners and times with friends and family. 2011 is filled with great memories. 

God has soooo richly blessed us with amazing friends and family. I have been so overwhelemd with all the love and support! Reading through all the Facebook messages and posts has been so uplifting and encouraging! We can already feel your prayers being lifted up!!! 

So tonite our last nite... we will reflect on how GOOD GOD IS. I said to David how amazing to have the kind of life to be missed! God has truly given us the best life. I look at David as HIS greatest gift to me. The marriage we have... well let me just tell you being married to your best friend has it's advantages. It's like my friend Bekah Spurgeon says, "Marriage is like having a slumber party with your best friend every nite!" It really is that way for us... I will miss him more than words can say, but I also know that I have a God that is guiding and directing our steps. This deployment is just another step in our life that will ultimately grow us closer to HIM and closer to one another. Ok so I am signing off to go cuddle my Sailor on the couch one last time!

Siging off!

The Wife


3 comments:

  1. This time apart will go much quicker than either of you realize and will allow both of you to grow as individuals and make the return like a second honeymoon. Keep your focus and stay busy. I will be there right with you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me remember my days as a Navy wife...my David was deployed on a 6 month cruise the day that Ashley, our firstborn, was 5 weeks old. I missed him SO much. But the reunion was SO very special! God bless both of you in the coming year. But know that at the end of this separation will come a joyous reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally crying reading this post b/c i just hate he has to be gone, but also rejoicing that you and he share such a special bond like we talked about earlier. One that only the Lord provides and one that will grow stronger each day you are apart. love you both so much and honored to be your sister!!

    ReplyDelete