Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MAC-P

Hello all,

Well today finally began the training regiment, which I am excited about for several reasons:

1. It makes the time move faster

2. It makes the time move faster


You wouldn't imagine the amount of downtime you have where you do absolutely nothing, so you have to find creative things to fill your time; I have been spending my time going to the gym and enrolling in college, and of course chatting it up with people on facebook and skype.


Today was especially fun we trained with some Army instructors in MAC-P (Modern Army Combative Program) here is the link to the web site if you are interested in learning more about it http://www.moderncombatives.org/home.html


In short in looks like MMA fighting close distance self-defense type stuff. These guys were MAC-P Instructors and they love to make you do PT (Physical Training). We started out doing 250 jumping jacks as the warm up, and I was not prepared for that. The PT lasted about 20 minutes consisting of several different style push-ups some I have never seen before, and several different styles of sit-ups all back to back with no resting periods. This showed me just how out of shape & fat I really am, so I have work to do. Afterward we moved to the combat training with instruction on several striking techniques, grappling and some really effective choke holds that can stop an attacker in 8-10 seconds; that’s fun for the whole family, needless to say they had me tapping out real quick. Overall the training was outstanding and I signed up for more during my downtime hours I figure if I have nothing to do might as well fill my time up with something constructive.

Special thanks go out to Jimmy Turner for helping Lindsay with a dead car battery and to Kristen for inviting Lindsay over for dinner. Thanks Jimmy & Kristen. Also want to thank all those folks who reached out to Lindsay through phone calls and going out to dinner. Thanks to all who are helping make this more bearable.

Also want to say thanks to the folks at JPS who I assigned EHS tasks while I am away. I really appreciate your efforts and willingness to help. It really means a lot to me.

Love you all and God bless

To be continued…

1 comment:

  1. UM...Hailee doesnt get a shout out of thanks for making you laugh while doing her Uncle David dance on Saturday morning?!?!
    j/k. love that ur doing some fun, constructive things! we're praying for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete