Saturday, January 7, 2012

Part A is Complete, Now on to Part B

Hello all,

Well its been a crazy week, with a lot of waiting in long lines and running around from place to place to just get cleared for moving on to Fort Dix (part B), sadly several folks did not make it through and had to be sent back due to different reasons.

Well today was my first military flight, and it was interesting.
That's us boarding the C40, if you look at the box truck next to the plane that's several of us loading our gear onto the plane, it was the first time that I have flown that we had to actually load the plane, welcome to the military. My morning started out great as I got a short video from my niece of her doing a David dance, some of you may not know what that is but its quite special and that's all I will say about that, however the video just started out my day on a happy note, thanks Brian for sending that forward.

So I arrived to Fort Dix about 2pm,
Upon landing I realized that in this group of sailors that their was one that I knew from when I first began to drill with the Navy, and of course we had a small reunion, its a small world after all, on top of that he was placed in my group, so that makes 4 close contacts that I have going in to Kuwait.

The Navy Reserves is a fairly small community so its not to uncommon to run into someone you once knew.

I am in good spirits, even though I miss home and of course my beautiful wife, who I cant wait to see soon. I enjoy serving in the military, but life with Lindsay is hard to beat.

So far Fort Dix has not appeared as bad as I once heard, you just have to keep a positive attitude with what ever  happens and make the best of what ever situation you are in.


Love you all, and God Bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment