So day 1 is complete out of 320, when you put it in terms like that is seems so long but I feel that once this deployment really gets moving that time will melt away just like 2011 just seemed to zoom past as all. Well today was long and slow paced, we were in class for most of the day which we were tormented by drawn out powerpoint slide shows all day. I did however meet some really great folks, however I also met some folks that made me wonder what their parents were thinking, some people just should not be allowed to breed....just kidding of course but wow. Any way I just want to say thanks for all the facebook posts of encourgement, cards, letters and gifts that myself and Lindsay have recieved during this deployment. We are truly blessed by you all, and I want to say thank you for just the amazing outpouring from family and friends, you all have made this much easier for both Lindsay and myself.
I will be in Gulfport until Saturday then its off to New Jersey for part B of the training. I am not looking forward to the cold weather, but hopefully it wont be that bad....right? Just wanted to say how proud I am of Lindsay for the way she helped in preparing me for this, & for filling 2011 with awesome memories to take with me in 2012, because in the end life is about experencies and memories and of course family, and lets not forget the blessings from God that we are provided with daily.
I will attempt to post on this blog about the things I encounter along the way.
Can any one tell me where the title of this blog comes from "There and Back Again"
I bet some of you can.
Take care and I will chat with you later.
David...
David- I am praying for you and Lindsay both. Tryst me, time will pass quicker than you realize not to say there won't be a long day or week here and there along the way. Keeping a positive attitude is the key. I will do my best to keep Lindsay busy and will be checking in with you and the others while in theatre. Keep your chin up!
ReplyDeleteA Hobbit's Tale!
ReplyDelete