When we got to Charlotte we got him checked in and thought we were going to have to say goodbye at the ticket counter, but with military ID we were able to get gate passes for David's parents, my dad and myself. This was such a blessing! We went to the main terminal and had some lunch then took the very long walk to the Gate. As we walking we noticed a lot of young men and women taking that walk with us. About 80% of his flight was made up up of army, marines, and navy guys. We sat at gate E18 for what seemed like forever. I took that opportunity to cuddled up next to David and say one last prayer for him where I could actually hold his hands. 2:45pm finally rolled in... it was time to hug his neck and kiss him and say goodbye. Inside I was so incredibly sad,
I know he is fulfilling his duties as a reservist and I am so proud of him. David said to me the nite before how happy he was that he had life worth missing. He is right in so many ways. The last 4 years and 10 months have been the best years of my life. Be married to David is well "THE BEST." God knew what he was doing when he chose David for me. Being apart I am sure will draw us closer to our Heavenly Father and to one another. People ask me what our secret is... there is no secret, it's simply being unselfish and always wanting and desiring Gods BEST for each other and realizing that it's not a 50/50 deal! Some days it's 80/20 others are 100/100, but David and I fill our days with laughter and silliness and being ever mindful of the gift God has given us in each other.Be encouraged! God is always moving and always desiring us to draw close to Him. We are thankful for what God is doing and how he is stretching us! As hard as it was to watch him walk away... my heart skipped a beat and I turned and looked at my Dad and said I was ready to go. David and I both flipped the switch as we walked away from one another. Here's to the "New Normal" we call our lives for the next 320 days.
Signing off,
The Wife


No comments:
Post a Comment