I hope that everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. This weekend was my first holiday exposure on deployment.
Lindsay, was at the beach with friends so I had more free time to myself as we would usually be on skype hanging out, talking or watching a movie during the weekends.
But I found other activities to keep me busy, for starters the USO put on concert for Kellie Pickler which I decided to attend and I was glad I did it was a really good show, She played for about two hours Saturday night, and afterward you could meet her and get an autograph which I didn't do the lines were just to long for me.
The weekend ended with a fairly large care package that was sent from Lindsay Cloer, Joann, & Arnie Bensen.
As you can see from this photo I was truly blessed. Yes that is an entire batch of Joann's Chocolate Chip Cookies which now we can say world famous. The folks in my department loved them! Lets not forget the Carmel Bars which was also included in the package. I can wait to cut into it and let folks sample that goodness. I am glad now that I did 4000 sit-ups because I am about to gain a few extra pounds! As you can see Arnie included a book for me to read Seal of God about a navy seal that later in life works in the ministry. Looks like a really great book! Of course Lindsay sent me all my favorite snacks as well as local Farmers Market pork rinds and kettle corn which folks love here. I gave away three bags before I left work. Thank you Joann for the cookies and Carmel bars they were amazing! Thank you all for your high calorie, well thought-out care package. It will be enjoyed by many.
Too be continued...


No comments:
Post a Comment