David has been given a lot of responsibility and his artistic talents are becoming very well known over there. He has plenty to keep him busy. He also can not express enough how much he appreciates all the love you all have been sending. The lady at the Post Office can not believe all the packages and mail he gets.
Having your Husband so far away does make you appreciate them a lot more. Like when I am at the last minute getting the trash to the street in the rain, trying to figure out how to change the air filter, jumping a car battery etc... All in all I miss HIM the most, David and I love the little stuff in the life. Just laughing at our selves and our comical little life, Sunday naps, sitting outside, his goodbye kiss in the mornings and goodnite kiss, hearing the garage door open and getting giddy because I know it's him. I love the fact that we have been married 5 years and I still feel that way about him. I suppose that's when you realize it is a bond that only Christ could have blessed and put together. I asked David one time how he could get up so easily in the mornings...(I hate getting up), He looked at me and said with out any hesitation, "All I do is look over at you sleeping, and know it's my job to care and provide for you, so I get up." Today take a moment thank your husband or your parents! This day to day event happens everyday, and how often do you thank them for it? I may not get flowers, stuff, vacations(he does do many of these though) or things like that everyday but my husbands love and attitude he has towards me is more than enough. It's easy in life to say things like "I deserve this, or I need this." But really we don't deserve any of it and all we really need is Christ. I am thankful for this time that I have this year to really rely on Christ and spend time in His word. The intimacy I am having with my Lord has been just the sweetest and precious time I have ever known. Just a reminder to all... don't take anything or anyone in your life for-granted, we need to stop complaining and focusing on the few things they do wrong and concentrate on all the things they do right! This year I lost a very good friend... and then David left in January, God has shown me through this to appreciate and make the most of the time I have with people. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
So here's to 5 more months...and the day I get to wrap my arms around his neck!
Signing off!
The Wife
Lindsay - you have such a great attitude about all this and the Lord certainly shines through you! You are an inspiration to other wives!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're able to communicate with him regularly. Also, it is good to know that he is doing well. Alan
ReplyDeleteYour words always bring me laughter and tears. You are the best!
ReplyDelete-Stacy