So David and I are under 100 days! Can you believe it! June
and July have just flown by! I have definitely not been without things to do! I
went to the beach, had many many photo shoots, shot a couple of weddings, editing photos
for hours on end, went to a few weddings, and spent time with family.
When David left January 2, 2012 it seemed like a daunting
amount of time apart. This time apart has been hard and I have had a few
moments of weakness. (you would cry too if you had a husband like my BOOTS) My
Neighbor Kristen told me that at her wedding the pastor said that their wedding
day is the day the would love one another the least. Those words have never
felt more true! I am so much more in love with David now. This year apart made
me love and learn new things about him and what makes our relationship so
great. I can’t even imagine how much more I am going to love him come November!
People ask me all the time, how often do I get to talk to
David and how do we spend “quality time” together. We are so blessed because he
is stationed in a place with WIFI. We talk on an app called messagenet, where
we can call and text for free. Being a million miles apart and only getting to
communicate via video chatting can be challenging, there is only so much to
talk about. We are much more in tuned to sharing details of our days. Although
the details may seem silly and boring, it’s just good to hear the others voice.
We have movie skype date nites. I share my screen with him and we have TV show
we watch together each week, and we have watched tons of movies together. It’s
nice we can still hear and see each others reactions to what ever is going on
in the show. The picture posted is how David and I see each other.
I also would like to say that I am sooo thankful for all of
you who have sent care packages to David. They are such a nice reminder of home
for him!
Signing off,
The Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment