Monday, December 26, 2011

270 Gifts!

This Christmas for David and I of course is some what bittersweet. We loved having the time together, but it aslo reminded us that he leaves soon. I am sooo blessed, David is so very precious and thoughtful. He really put a lot of time and thought in to his gift this year.

So Christmas morning came and I found a very oddly shaped gift. I opened it and it was a basket filled with envelopes. 270 to be exact. Each envelope represents a day he and I will be apart (from when he actually steps foot in Kuwait. So they work as a countdown to him being home. 

He called it; "270 things I love about You" 

Each envelope has 1 thing he loves about me, a note from him, and either a devotional or scripture or funny cartoon and also told me a few of the envelopes have gift cards to some of my favorite places. 

He enclosed a puzzle piece in each envelope as well. The puzzle is a picture of our favorite photo together. So each day I will get a puzzle piece and over the year I will be able to piece it all togther. The last piece is hidden in the house and we will put the last piece in when he gets home. This gift brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my arms! How precious and thoughtful. He told me he had been working on this gift for the past 6 months.

I am so thankful for David and the way he loves me! I truly can't imagine a better man for me. God's love for me is overwhelming and I still can't believe that he chose me for David!!

Signing off!

The Wife

5 comments:

  1. oh my Lindsey....what a kind husband...what a loving partner...what an amazing man of God!! I will pray for both of you over the next year. I will ask God (and my son and daughter) to watch over you. You are truly a blessed woman. Love to you both. Theresa and David Turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Theresa! David and I will appreciate your prayers! And now worries on Jimmy and Kristen, they are the best friends and neighbors anyone could ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome gift!! And just remember, you have friends who love you like a sister, who are going through the same thing. I am here for you whenever you need it. <3 ya! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!! God has truly blessed you with the best!!! Love ya The Palmers

    ReplyDelete