We of course are trying to get David ready to go. Tonite for what ever reason seems hard. I was folding clothes and realized I will probably not fold anymore of his clothes for quite ahwhile. The tears started to come... David gave me a looong hug and we shared a moment of sadness. God always knows what we need though. I asked David to pull the cards from his deployment parties. People had used one card for giving us there addresses and emails. The other they wrote notes of encouragement. David had not read them till tonite. They moved us to tears and also to embrace Christ! Many of you gave us verses of encouragement and your words were beyond precious. David and I were reminded that God is GOOD ALL THE TIME. He has a plan that we can not even fathom. I also realized how important written words are, the power a small note can have. When was the last time you actually wrote a hand written note, I'm not saying Facebook is bad but think how much it means to actually get a letter not just a Facebook message... The last one I got was from my sweet mother. My whole day was brightened and my heart lifted by that card. Facebook, email and such can never replace the warmth and feeling that comes in a hand written note! So maybe today you could pick someone in your life that means a lot to you and you could write them a note... Not a Facebook message but a real note so get a card and a stamp and do it!Never underestimate the power of a note!
I promise as soon as I have an address for David I will get it to you all. I want him to be flooded with fan mail that it will make his unit jealous at how loved he is!
Signing off!
The Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment