So David and I have been married for almost 7 years, and yes as you can tell no children have emerged. We have prayed and prayed and many others have prayed and prayed, but well still no babies! Many would say why isn't God answering your prayers?? Well He is!!! It may not be the answer we want or hoped for but He is still there and he is still listening.David and I realize that many of you are asking yourselves or maybe saying to yourselves, why don't they try harder, get tested, take meds, go see a fertility specialist, try iui or invitro yadda yadda yadda. Well we did a few of those things, but no success, and we had decided that we would not spend exorbitant amounts of money trying some of the other methods that may or may not work. So 6.5 years later we have started the adoption process. We prayed and researched and decided to adopt from the foster care system. We are adopting not fostering to adopt. There are thousands of children in the foster care system, what better way to care for our own community and children then to adopt here locally. The cost associated is very low and sometimes there is no expense. David and I contacted our local DSS and signed up for the September 2013, 5 week MAPP class that is required of all perspective foster and adoptive parents.
This class was very informative and we both learned a lot. We also got to meet some great people that took the class with us. We know that this path will bear more challenges then other means of adoption, but we know God will not give us more then we can handle, and these kids need a home too. It's not just about us. God commanded us to take care of the orphaned. There were not stipulations on this, like only if they are babies, only if they don't have baggage etc… These kids need Gods love so much just like each of us does. Sometimes… I feel God asks us to step out and have faith in Him, David and I are excited about this new chapter in our lives. Many people have their opinions about what we should get or pursue regarding ages and whether it be a girl or a boy. But just like expecting parents… we want Gods best for us and that they are relatively healthy. David and I ask that you will partner with us and pray! Pray for this child that David and I have prayed and waited so long for. We know that God has a plan and has the perfect child or children for us. We know that God is already at work in this child'
s life. Please pray that God prepares their heart and ours for the day we get to bring them home and call them ours!
Adoption is such a beautiful example of our Father in Heavens love for us. He loved us even though we were filthy and full of sin! He adopted us as his sons and daughters. He did not put conditions on us of how we come to him. I pray that God would continue to break down the barriers for David and I regarding these children. There is no perfect child… but we know God has the perfect one for us! David and I realize that our life and story is different then others, and we are beyond ok with that. Adoption is a beautiful sacrifice and choice. No David and I may not experience everything new mom's and dads get to, but we will have experiences and milestones that others will never know. Just ask my parents, I am so thankful my parents did not see me as a mess of baggage and too old to adopt. Instead they saw a little girl in need of a home and saw a beautiful mess that God was going to change from the inside out. We have celebrated victories cried over losses and praised God through it all.
We are so blessed to have a really amazing and sweet social worker. We have been pre-apporved since our finger prints came back. Now we are in the home study process. We have answered lots of questions and filled out many pages of questions. We only have like 1 or 2 meetings left with our social worker. Once she has all our info she will compile it all together and submit it to the Forsyth County Adoption board and then they will decide based on the home study as to whether we are approved for adoption. Please be praying for us through this process!!
Signing off,
The Mom to Be!!
Oh my goodness this brings tears to my eyes. How beautiful! Lindsay I pray that God would bless you and grant you favor as you travel through this adoption process! I still remember when you were adopted, it seems like yesterday. Know that you inspired us to quickly go to adoption when we wanted another child to join our family and knew the "normal" way would not be possible. Our daughter that came home October, 1997 has been the joy of our lives and we know that God placed her here for a plan and purpose. As she is 16 it is not always a "bed of roses" but we would not trade this life with her for anything else in this world. God Bless You!
ReplyDeleteLisa (Faitsch) Geary