Monday, April 23, 2012

Just checking in

Hello all,

  Its me again saying hello from the sandbox. Time is moving ahead quickly as I will pass 90 days in country on May 12, true I still a have a ways to go but I am staying as busy as I can and that helps. My day consists of work from 730am -430pm and then I spend an hour in the gym and then its time to skype and start any homework that I may have.  I have been attending Ashford University online and I have already completed 3 credit hours and working on another 3 now.  The military pays the entire cost of my classes so while you are stuck out here might as well be productive.

We had a fairly large sand storm this month and I have attached some photos to show how it looked:
Normal sunny day
Sand Storm
I ran my second 5K run this week and even though I finished in good time, some old guy ran past me, and when that happens you never really quite recover. Overall it was fun and you get a t-shirt each time you complete one.
Nice Shirt
November FWD Group 5k Run (the guy in the packer shirt is awesome)




Special thanks to all the folks that have sent care packages while I have been deployed:
Lindsay Cloer
Mom & Dad
Karen Cole
Jimmy & Kristen Turner (best neighbors on the planet, thanks for all you do)
Heather Williams from Landmark Church of God
Toni Dennison
Kim Rheingrover Pruitt
Laura McHargue and the HR Lunch Bunch
Renee Gragg

Your care packages have not only been enjoyed by me, but many others on post here as well. Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment